- Analytical Sensitivity: 06 ng/mL at 2-SD
- Specificity: No cross-reactivity or interference with 1000 mIU/mL TSH, 10,000 mIU/mL FSH, 1,000 mIU/mL LH, 100,000 mIU/mL hCG, 1 mM/mL Bilirubin, 10 µg/mL Hemoglobin, 10 µg/mL Lipids
- Accuracy: correlation coefficient 0.991 with a reference method
- Intra Assay Precision: CV ≤ 5.8%
- Inter Assay Precision: CV ≤ 7.6%
- Hook Effect: no hook effect up to 5,000 ng/mL
PRL ELISA CE
A solid-phase enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay based on the principle of the double antibody sandwich technique for quantitative determination of prolactin (PRL) in human serum.
The three main kit components are:
1) Solid microwells pre-coated with streptavidin
2) PRL Calibrators
3) Liquid PRL Enzyme Conjugate Mixture comprised of two individual antibodies: an anti-human PRL antibody labelled with horseradish peroxidase (HRP-Ab) and an anti-human PRL antibody labelled with biotin (Bio-Ab).
The CTK PRL ELISA is intended to be used only by professionals only. Any interpretation or use of this test result must also integrate other clinical findings as well as on the professional judgment of health care providers.
Prolactin is a polypeptide hormone in the prolactin/growth hormone receptor family. Prolactin has important biological and homeostatic functions, most notably in the female reproductive system. Its main biological action is in the induction and maintenance of lactation, but is also involved in mammary gland development, normal luteal function, and progesterone synthesis during pregnancy.
If prolactin concentration in the blood is high, it is known as hyperprolactinemia and commonly caused by pregnancy, a reduction in dopamine levels, low thyroid activity, or by the presence of prolactinomas. Symptoms in women may include overproduction of milk, irregular menstrual cycles, decreased libido, infertility and decreased bone mass. Symptoms in men may include erectile dysfunction, decreased libido, infertility, gynecomastia and decreased bone mass. If prolactin concentration in the blood is low, it is known as hyperprolactinemia, which is a very rare condition that can be caused by low pituitary activity and may be associated with lowered immune response.
Accurate measurement of prolactin and associated reproductive hormones are important for both males and females. Immunoassay measurement is a first-line approach in assessing prolactin serum levels, providing important information for diagnostic and monitoring purposes. The CTK PRL ELISA is intended to be used for monitoring purposes as well as in any person with signs and symptoms of abnormal prolactin levels, including abnormalities in lactation, fertility, menstruation, and libido.
- Streptavidin Coated Microwells
- PRL Calibrators:
- C1 (0 ng/mL)
- C2 (5 ng/mL)
- C3 (10 ng/mL)
- C4 (25 ng/mL)
- C5 (50 ng/mL)
- C6 (100 ng/mL)
- PRL Assay Control
- PRL Enzyme Conjugate Mixture
- Wash Buffer (40X Concentrate)
- TMB Substrate
- Stop Solution
- Product Insert
- ELISA Working Sheet
- 2 x Microplate Sealers and 1 x Resealable Plastic Bag
FOR EXPORT ONLY